Nigeria Diaspora Investment Summit
Are you an investor seeking new opportunities for growth or are you a business owner seeking foreign investment to grow and expand?
Good news! The First ever Nigerian Diaspora Investment Summit organized by the Office of the Senior Special Assistant on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora and the NIPC promises lots of investment opportunities and incentives.
Diaspora Nigerians constitute the best group to target when designing strategies for attracting Foreign Direct Investment into Nigeria.
A three-day summit of investors and participants with viable projects in Nigeria convened by the Office of the Senior Special Adviser to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, in collaboration with Nigeria Diaspora Alumni Network (NIDAN) and supported by the Nigerian Investment Promotion Council will take place Tuesday, November 27th to Thursday, November 29th, 2018 at The Presidential State House under the aegis of the Nigerian Investment Promotion Council (NIPC).
This inaugural summit aims to harness and showcase feasible and prospective investment opportunities with which Nigerian Diaspora investors can identify and readily explore. This summit also aims to demonstrate and roll out that targeting the Diaspora is an effective and sustainable strategy for attracting investment into an emerging economy like Nigeria.
Other Diaspora organisations, support groups and development agencies will participate in this novel approach to targeting prospective diaspora investors. This event in large part is an affirmation of the fruitful relationship currently subsisting between the OSSAP on Diaspora and the various Diaspora organisations.
The summit will explore ways to harness the substantial but unexplored skills, capital and technical know-how of Nigerians abroad. Institutional participants that are major players in the Nigerian economy, including the Organized Private Sector; Government Agencies responsible for Investment Promotion; Foreign Development Partners like USAID, DFID, UNDP, World Bank, IMF etc; and Nigerian Investors abroad are also being invited to participate in this landmark event.
- Education and Training
- Skilled Workforce Development
- Health Care Services and Awareness Programmes
- Entertainment, Hospitality and Tourism
- Infrastructure and Real Estate
- Maritime and Shipping
- Extractive Industries
- Telecommunications, Technology and Innovation
- Waste Management and Environmental Remediation
- The NDIS mission is to generate unprecedented investment traffic to Nigeria as our nation is fertile grounds and ready for business.
- The specific aim of the summit is to demonstrate that targeting the Diaspora effective and sustainable strategy for attracting inward into the emerging diversified Nigerian economy and to recommend the summit to policy makers as an annual trackable event.
- The inaugural NDIS will establish a platform where Diaspora investors can interact with potential sponsors, partners collaborators and the government. They will have direct round table deals for mutual benefts.
- Diaspora investors and potential foreign investors with a favourable risk appetite, seeking opportunities for a decent return/investment in Nigeria.
- Diaspora Nigerian Businesses, particularly start-ups as well as growth-oriented MSMES seeking venture capital and investment in return for equity participation in Nigeria domiciled businesses and projects.
- Financial intermediaries and stakeholders with an interest in or commitment to the resurgence and revival of the Nigerian economy, with particular regard to its diversification and enhanced attractiveness to investment inflows, particularly inward investment in the post-oil era.
- Strengthen your profile in the industry
- Expand your network
- Showcase your practice, products, services at a face to face forum with potential partners, sponsors and government actors
- Meet key decision makers and industry influencers
- Generate new leads
- Brand exposure
- Access to targeted audience